Akta is hiring a full-time Android Engineer who will design, build, launch and support mobile video players. Our players power direct-to-consumer on-demand video applications. Your apps will be used by the world’s largest producers and aggregators of premium news and sports video content, which then stream video to millions of people, including the SuperBowl!
What you’ll be doing
- End-to-end Android development including features in current and future products
- Plan, design, develop, code and test software and applications for new products
- Work with client project managers and product owners to meet specification needs
- Collaborate with other in-house and client developers to design and optimize code
- Document all programming tasks and procedures
- Support products routine software maintenance enhancements
What you’ll need
- At least 5+ years of total software development and 3+ years of Android development experience. Must have released apps.
- Proficient in Kotlin.
- Work with apps that work extensively with the network and offline, Excellent understanding of caching, network requests, error handling.
- Build and document APIs for our player SDK so that application developers and use them with ease and convenience.
- Team oriented, able to articulate priorities, needs and obstacles in a timely and constructive manner
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com