Site Reliability DevOps Engineer
We are looking for a site reliability/ dev ops engineer for our video streaming platform. Your mission is to provide uptime and enterprise-level assistance for ultimate customer success.
** Apply only if you have the technical skills to understand web/cloud applications, debug IP networking/ traffic routing issues, experience writing shell/ python/php scripts. This is not a management role, you will be an individual contributor. **
You will diagnose and resolve operational software problems for our cloud/hybrid deployed applications. This is not a role where you can simply check logs and escalate to senior engineers. You will diagnose and find the root cause. You will not only respond to and resolve immediate problems, but also contribute to the long term improvement of the platform.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including customer onboarding, SaaS integration and network configuration.
- Manage cloud console, monitor alerts, debug server issues.
- Systematically diagnose video streaming issues. Analyze the streaming workflow from player, CDN, origin and dynamic manifest delivery. Find the root cause.
- Track and document system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Take part in customer conversations. Participate in multi-party calls, either via phone, email or chat, until we solve a technical issue
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers)
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Ensure all issues are properly logged. Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- 2+ years as an engineer (preferably SRE/ Dev Ops/ Technical Support)
- Hands-on experience with Linux environments (Ubuntu and centOS)
- Cloud Engineering Skills (Docker Containers, Kubernetes)
- Performance and log collection (ELK Stack – Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana)
- Cloud Deployment, Provisioning and Configuration (Git, Terraform)
- IP network debugging skills (TCP dump, WireShark) and shell scripting skills (python, bash)
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of PHP, NodeJS, HTML, CSS
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, or relevant field
- Experience with video streaming is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of C++
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com